I love anything with condensed milk, mainly because I get to clean out the leftovers in the tin but I’m also pretty sure I’ve never cooked anything bad that has this as an ingredient. This slice is an excellent example of a tasty sweet treat that contains condensed milk.
What you need:
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- 90g butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp milk
- 60g butter, extra
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line base and sides of an 18cm x 28cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Rub flour, icing sugar mixture and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs; add milk, mix to a dough, knead lightly.
- Roll dough to fit base of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine extra butter and sweetened condensed milk in a small saucepan, bring to boil, stirring continuously. Reduce heat, simmer five minutes. remove from heat; add vanilla essence, flour, eggs, golden syrup and cream.
- Remove base from oven. Reduce heat to 160 degrees celsius. Sprinkle nuts over base. Pour over egg mixture, return to oven and bake further 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
This is yum, yum ,yum!!!!
The images above are simply for inspiration sourced from pinterest.