Of course these will add a layer of yummy to any tiered stand, however if you are ever just in need of chocolate and a crunch these biscuits are a classic choice, really quick to make and delicious straight out of the oven, perfect with a cosy cup of tea.
What you need:
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g chocolate chips
- 60g walnut pieces
What you do:
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla. Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition. Mix in sifted flour and salt. Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, mix well.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls, place on lightly greased oven trays, allow room for spreading. Bake in moderate oven 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from tray, cool completely on wire rack.
- Eat until your hearts content.
The images above a simply for inspiration sourced from pinterest.