I love love love anything salted caramel and this recipe from Donnah Hay is a big winner in my book.
What you need:
- 2 x 200g packets of sugared lattice biscuits
- 740g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius. Place half the lattice biscuits, sugar-side down, in the base of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- Place the cream, sugar, golden syrup and vanilla extract in an electric mixer and beat for 4-6 minutes or until smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the eggs and beat to combine. Add the salt and mix to combine. Spoon the mixture into the slice tin and tap to remove any bubbles. Top with remaining lattice biscuits, sugar-side up, and bake for 50 minutes or until the cheesecake is just set.
- Allow to cool slightly before refrigerating for 1 hour or until cold. Slice into sandwiches to serve.
The images above are simply for inspiration sourced from pinterest.