I’m always on the hunt at cafes for deliciously moist muffins. Ashamedly I rarely master baking the perfect muffin at home in the kitchen, but this recipe from Marie Claire definitely hits the spot.
What you need:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- cinnamon sugar and strawberries, to garnish
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Add the banana and blueberries and, using a fork, lightly toss through the flour.
- Whisk together the honey, vegetable oil, egg and milk in a small bowl. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and lightly combine.
- Spoon the batter into a greased 8-hole muffin tin or patty case and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and a halved strawberry. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, best when straight out of the oven!!!!!
The images above are simply for inspiration sourced from pinterest.