My challenge this week was to find a recipe that was gluten and dairy free, that was not only healthy but also super tasty.
My husband was pretty impressed with what I came up with. The end result tastes pretty similar to the good old-fashioned jupiter bars.
What you need:
- 2 1/2 cups rice bubbles
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light golden syrup
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
What you do:
- In a large bowl stir together the rice bubbles and quinoa flakes. Set aside. Grease a 20x30cm baking dish.
- Combine the brown sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat just until boiling, then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the cereal and quinoa mixture and mix well.
- Press into the prepared pan using the back of a large spoon. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
The pics above are simply for inspiration sourced from pinterest.