mmmmmmm chocolate strawberries are one of those super easy and tasty treats that you can add to any high tea at the last minute. Here are my top 5 tips to get perfect chocolate covered strawberries.
1. Rinse your berries well and pat dry, if you leave water on the berries the chocolate will lose its smooth texture.
2. No special tools are needed, simply use a fork (inserted into stem end) or if the leaves and stem are still attached, use them to hold onto.
3. Swirl berries while they are submerged in the chocolate so they get covered really well.
4. Lift and twist the strawberries as you pull them out of the chocolate, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. This way you wont have a large blob of chocolate on one side.
5. Don’t leave your chocolate strawberries in the fridge as the chocolate can get white and chalky, just keep them in an air tight container or even better eat them straight away.
Try cherries, banana and pineapple chunks for another tasty variation.