Having a very sweet tooth I often find myself probably having a few more biscuits or pieces of cake than I probably should 😦
This recipe offers you a delicious treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about, perfect for a high tea with a healthy twist!!!
What you need:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
What you do:
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Whilst dates are soaking add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to processor and mix.
- Add dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size ball size.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut.
Tip: I often make a massive batch and store these in the freezer.